Thursday, February 9, 2017

Bed Time Story


Happy Thursday, crime slicksters. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where the girls are hot, the drinks are cold, and the hardboiled-pulp-noir action is non-stop, right here, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 42 of THE HEISTERS, Kelsey has her final showdown with sleazy B-girl Doll Montana high atop a building under construction ...


EXT. APARTMENT BUILDING - NIGHT
Kelsey climbs up the scaffolding.
Pissed-off. On fire.

KELSEY (V.O.)
They say men think with their dicks.
They also double-cross with them, too.
(beat)
I’d heard a gunshot nearby.
Hopefully it was some gang-banger.
If it was the cops, I was fucked.
(beat)
The money was so close I could taste it.
All I had to do was get the car
keys from the bitch up above me --
but given what she did to Ronan,
I knew it wasn’t going to be easy.
I just had to watch my back --
(beat)
And my head.

She pulls out her cell phone.
Punches a number. Listens.

KELSEY
It’s me. I’ve got her.
Four-story building under construction
a couple blocks away --
(listens)
YOU’RE gonna get it -- ?
(listens)
Okay. Gotcha. That’ll work.
Let me just wrap up this loose end
and I’ll meet you somewhere --
(listens)
Parking lot at the north end.
Got it. See you there.

She keeps climbing.

ON THE ROOF
Doll looks down over the edge.
Hears Kelsey climbing.

She grabs some scraps of wood.
Starts HURLING them down at her.

DOLL
Stay AWAY FROM ME or
I’ll fucking KILL YOU.

KELSEY
DUCKS under the scaffolding
planks above her.

The scraps of wood
HIT above her.

KELSEY
You’re gonna have to do
better than THAT, Goth-ip Girl.

She looks around in the darkness.
Something metal glistens
in the moonlight. A CROWBAR.
She GRABS it. Continues her climb.

KELSEY (CONT’D)
Mommy’s home, and she’s PISSED --

A police siren WHOOP-WHOOPS
in the distance. Kelsey turns. Hears it.

Clutches the crowbar like a bat.
Starts climbing.

KELSEY (CONT’D)
Time for your bed time story --
(beat)
But I’m afraid you’re not
going to like the ENDING.

No comments:

Post a Comment