Monday, January 16, 2017

An Ace Up My Sleeve


Hey there, crime kids. Happy Monday. It's time once again to take a trip to the dark side, where your most violent fantasies become sins of the flesh, right here, where the hardboiled action is non-stop, at the coolest crime joint in cyberspace ... at That Killing Feeling.

In Chapter 32 of THE HEISTERS, Kelsey and Ronan decide on what to do with Kaspar's dead body ... and their next move.


INT. SHITTY HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT
Kelsey and Ronan stand over
Kasper’s dead body.

She lights up a smoke.
Shakes her head.

KELSEY
This job just went from
bad to worse to FUCKED.

RONAN
So what do we do with the body?

KELSEY
I’m thinking --

She exhales a cloud of smoke.
Starts pacing around the room.

KELSEY
Little fucker. I have an ace
up my sleeve that I was gonna play,
and that refried beaner
had to gum up the works --

RONAN
What’s the ace?

KELSEY
There was one name that the police
had that wasn’t on the cell phone.

RONAN
Really?

KELSEY
Yeah. Figured Jackie deleted it
because of a bad breakup,
and that maybe she was
some kind of unstable bitch.
(smiles)
Just the kinda broad that would
pull this kinda stunt.
Know what I mean?

RONAN
Uh -- yeah.
(beat)
What’s her name?

KELSEY
Doll Montana.
Right out of Raymond Chandler, huh?

RONAN
No shit.

KELSEY
Figured I’d wait until late
at night and surprise her.
(gestures at the body)
But now, this --

RONAN
Tell you what.
Why don’t I stick him
under the bed for now,
you go talk to this Doll broad,
and then when you get back
we’ll dispose of Dirty Sanchez.

KELSEY
Good idea.
You should be here
when the others come back.

RONAN
Yeah.

KELSEY
Okay. I’ve got my cell
in case of an emergency.

She goes to the door.
Puts her hand on the knob.

KELSEY
Hang tight. I’ve got a
gut feeling about this.

RONAN
You know what they say.
Always trust your gut.

Kelsey nods. Opens the door.
Leaves. Ronan waits a beat.

Goes to the door. Takes off
the ‘do not disturb’ sign.

Opens it.
Peers down the hallway.
Puts it on the outside.

Goes out into the hallway.
Quietly shuts the door.
Then starts following her.

No comments:

Post a Comment